I posted twice in December. I guess NaBloPoMo took a lot more out of me than I thought it would. Today is my birthday hooray! I don’t have any new year’s resolutions but I’ll pretend it’s to post more than twice in January, and look, a third of the way there!
Christmas was lovely and I’ll talk about that later, as well as finishing my Cancun Chronicle. But for now, a meme, of sorts. I do these every year and it’s nice that the New Year and my birthday fall one day apart because it keeps everything nice and concise.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
went to Mexico, went to NYC, got a big girl job..
2. Did you keep the new years resolution you made last year?
I typically don’t make any..
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so. EVERYONE is pregnant though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank you fsm.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A driver’s license and a car. Maybe a DSLR.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
January through March were horrid horrid months.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job that pays much more than minimum wage.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not telling my bosses from the Daycare how much they sucked before I left.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not reallly. Knock on wood!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The entire administrative staff at said daycare, GirlWhoHatesMe from Starbucks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills, adult responsibilities.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Mexico!!!! Moving in with Keith! Getting my job!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you…
a) happier or sadder? WAY WAY WAY WAY HAPPIER. Last year I worked on my birthday, my boss made me cry and I spent the evening alone in my dark apartment. This year I have Keith and a loaner dog and I couldn’t be happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Well, last year’s clothes still fit, but meh.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Why yes I most certainly did. 🙂
21. How many one-night stands?
Ew sick. ZERO.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
2009 was the year I got into LOST. But also rewatched all season of Gilmore Girls. It’s a toss-up. 😉
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, it takes a lot to make me hate someone.
25. What was the best book you read?
All I read were stupid vampire books.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I discovered anything..
27. What did you want and get?
The nicest sweetest most wonderful boyfriend ever. And the best Christmas present ever!
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
500 Days of Summer.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to work, got yelled at for something not my fault, cried, went to Giant Eagle and got some frozen dinner, went home ate and bed.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting my current job earlier.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
33. What kept you sane?
Myself, I’ve finally learned how.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None of them?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
None of them.
36. Who did you miss?
All of my old friends.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I am awesome. 🙂
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: